There are over 100 million adult Americans (not including children or the military) suffering from pain and who are not receiving adequate treatment. Pain Connection-Chronic Pain Outreach Center, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) not for profit human service agency working since 1999 to empower people with chronic pain and improve their quality of life, decrease their sense of isolation and to take a more active role in their treatment. Pain Connection does this by providing information, psychosocial support, coping skills and training to people with chronic pain, their families and health care providers. Services include support groups, speakersí series, specialized classes, workshops and conferences for healthcare professionals.
Pain Connection needs your help to assist the Executive Director with the administration of the day-to-day operations of the office functions and duties.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- Data entry, research and statistics
- Phone calls
- Photocopying, scanning and faxing
- Drafting, editing documents, including articles for the monthly newsletter
- Assisting in webinars, conferences
- Website updates
- Help with fund raising and special events.
- Develop media coverage-radio, TV, newspaper ads.
What you can learn
- Interaction with clients
- Marketing of programs
- Proposal writing and research
- Writing for newsletter/website, and advertising
Education and Experience
- Knowledge of software like MS Office
- Proficient in use of email and internet
- Accurate keyboard skills
- Excellent writing skills
- Fluency in Spanish a plus
- 10-20 hours per week