Pain Connection is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit human service agency that aims to:
- Improve the quality of life of those suffering from chronic pain.
Decrease their sense of isolation and alienation.
Increase control of their condition and treatment.
Maintain their independence.
We help you and your family by
- Monthly support groups for people with chronic pain and their families.
- A speaker series on treatment modalities.
- Training of mental health professionals on chronic pain.
- Supervision of mental health professionals.
- Information and Referrals.
- Community Outreach and Education.
- One-on-one peer support.
- Group therapy through pain management clinics.
- A newsletter on chronic pain issues and the experiences of members.
Pain Connection plans to establish further services such as:
- Weekly support groups
- Seminars and classes
- 1-800 number
- Training webinars
- Multi-language services
Board of Directors|
President: Sharon Barrett, DrPH, MS
Secretary: Alison Bennett, M.Ed.
Director: Elsie L. Ferguson, PhD
Director: Michael Sitar, PhD
|Vice-President: Kim Thompson, BA|
Treasurer: Frances Stanford, CPA
Director: Neil Goldstein, MA
Director: Malcolm Herman, MA, ESQ
Honorary Board Members|
Mary French, RN, LCSW-C; Gary Kaplan, MD; Senator Jamie Raskin
Executive Director and Founder: Gwenn Herman